Andreas Pflug wrote:

I wonder if this could be implemented as a wrapper around libpq. This way, the OLEDB driver would benefit from a proven piece of software.

Regards,
Andreas

That's what I'm doing. I'm not sure why other drivers didn't do that as well (maybe there was no native Windows port of libpq at the time?).

My reason is actually that I'm not a great postgres hacker, and I would rather rely as little as possible on internal structures and things that are likely to change in the future.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting