Bruce Momjian wrote:

Also, Andrew, on your other patch for log_session_info line, Magnus had
the idea of giving each session an id based on the first transaction of
the session.  That seems like a useful addition to that variable, though
I am not sure what value to give a session before it executes its first
query.

We can think about that. I am planning to tackle these separately (hence today's patch).

I did think about using a cluster-wide sequence, if we can make such a thing (might also be useful for system generated UIDs too).

cheers

andrew