Bruce Momjian wrote:

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

The TODO list contains this item which I said I would look at:

Allow logging of only data definition(DDL), or DDL and modification statements

The trouble I see is that we currently do statement logging before we have examined the query string at all, in the code shown below from src/backend/tcop/postgres.c.

I guess I could construct one or more regexes to examine the query string, although that might affect performance a bit (of course, I would precompile the patterns).

Any other ideas on how to proceed?

Yes, look at how the command tag is grabbed for the PS display, and do the log checks at that point.

Yes, I thought about that. But it would delay the logging of statements, and I'm not sure that's a good idea. What would happen on parse errors, for example?

cheers

andrew