Josh Berkus wrote:

Folks,

As we discussed a couple weeks ago, Marc, Andrew, Tim Perdue, Chris Ryan and I are testing implementing GForge in place of GBorg for associated projects for PostgreSQL.

One thing which was suggested initially was that this new project hosting site be at www.postgresql.net with projects being <projectname>.postgresql.net.

However, some of the "porting" team felt that it would be confusing for people who typed in www.postgresql.net to be presented with the GForge interface, and suggested that we use the domain after what we'll be calling the new Tool, namely pgFoundry, thus putting stuff at www.pgFoundry.org and <projectname>.pgfoundry.org.

So far, only 4 people, total, have expressed opinons on the matter. I'm throwing this on Hackers so that members of projects we will be hosting can indicate whether they:

A) Favor www.postgresql.net
B) Favor www.pgfoundry.org
C) Don't care as long as the porting is relatively painless.

Isn't gforge a pgsql related project itself? So I'd suggest:

www.postgresql.org   -> main PostgreSQL site
gforge.postgresql.org -> gforge interface site
<projectname>.postgresql.org -> gforge hosted projects

Regards, Andreas