That is why I suggested providing a pre-written/pre-compiled/installed function for CSV (call it CSV?). Advanced users could still write their own as people can write many other things if they know their ways.

As someone who just went through a whole truckload of crap getting delimited files parsed from MSSQL to PostgreSQL. I believe yes this would be great thing. We ended up using plPython with the CSV module.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

-- Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC and S/JDBC Postgresql support, programming shared hosting and dedicated hosting. +1-503-667-4564 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.commandprompt.com PostgreSQL Replicator -- production quality replication for PostgreSQL