(6) possible inclusion in postgresql?
 - among other contributions? what about contrib/advisor?
 - added to template1 on default installation?
   maybe not for a first release? or yes? it is easier to communicate
   about

I think we're going to want a gborg project for developing/coordinating tests anyway. Having the schema included in contrib/ might help adoption, but so would pgadmin/phpgadmin. Any client-builders reading this? What do you think?

Both phpPgAdmin (me) and the pgAdmin team have added or have thought about adding some 'schema analysis' features to our products. If pg_advisor is available, I certainly won't bother and I will just recommend to people that they install it.

I think it probably should live in userland...

Chris