I intend to make new archives created with 7.5 pg_dump have the fix, and restoring pre 7.5 binary dumps will have exactly the previous behaviour. The reason for this is that extracting the acls and owners to the end requires scanning the entire archive twice - not necessarily something we want to do (is it?)

I might be wrong about this, but I had the idea that the entire archive TOC gets loaded into memory, and so there'd be no noticeable penalty in scanning it twice.

Well, it probably gets scanned twice to do -c mode?

But...it seems kind of hacky to scan it again for owners and privs - are you sure you want me to go that way?

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster