Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
There is a huge difference between adhering to a standard and limiting
yourself to a standard.  The real question is whether PostgreSQL's
goal is to support SQL standards, or whether PostgreSQL's goal is to
give PostgreSQL users a useful set of tools.

There are literally _hundreds_ of fields we could add to the information_schema. Either we add them all or we add none of them.

Well, if we add them (and they would be very useful I reckon) should we ensure there's an obvious PG naming thing happening?

i.e.  pg_column_comment

or similar?  Maybe not "pg_" but you know what I mean.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Chris

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])