Andreas Pflug wrote:
<snip>
That's true, it's the question how much can be offered without too much effort.
I'm not too deep in oracle stuff, what comes to my mind is
- outer join syntax (parser thing)
- sequences usage (parser too)
- maybe stored procedure call, with a wrapper to convert output parameters to a composite return value.

There's also their "FROM DUAL" workaround (in common usage) as well.

i.e. SELECT NEXTVAL.foo FROM DUAL;

Because their SQL queries always seem to need a target object to select from. i.e. "SELECT NEXTVAL.foo" isn't valid for Oracle 8/9.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

There's certainly no point supporting any weird ddl command, so there's still porting work to be done when migrating.

Regards,
Andreas

     joining column's datatypes do not match