I have no problem resolving localhost anywhere else on the box, do you have any suggestions on finding out if it's a misconfiguration?

Gavin

Tom Lane wrote:

"Gavin M. Roy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I've been having a problem with the pgstat.c localhost change since 7.4, in that statistics gathering stopped working on my gentoo boxes. I've not traced it back beyond getaddrinfo called in getaddrinfo_all, and decided the quick fix was to go back and change pgstat to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.

I don't know if the problem is isolated to just me, but I wanted to suggest that we use a parameter for that, which can be configured in the postgresql.conf, with a default value if it's not set, set to localhost.

I think you should first trace down what the problem really is --- is your system just misconfigured or is there some fundamental issue that we really ought to answer to?

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster