On 8/9/2004 3:46 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
Jan Wieck wrote:
On 8/8/2004 11:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> The only open issue I see for beta1 is perhaps disabling vacuum delay. > > Given that Jan is clearly in the minority on that, I suggest we just
> turn it off for beta1. We can always turn it on later if he manages
> to convince more people.

Won't try to convince more people. I was about to disable it when Bruces commit message flew by.

Jan, I hate to back out someone else's patches. I should have waited longer.

You know that it's fine with me. Actually it's my turn to apologize in this case because I activated vacuum_cost_delay under false assumptions and lacking discussion.

I was a bit slow in backing it out because my VM crashed once following several suspends, and I had to get my notebook into a friends WLan. So I was happy to see you did it already.

Jan