Gaetano Mendola wrote:
Oliver Jowett wrote:

Gaetano Mendola wrote:

Oliver Jowett wrote:

David Fetter wrote:

Dennis has pointed out that mixing the call-with-named-parameter
interface with call-by-order-of-parameters one would cause confusion,

Python's equivalent syntax allows you to mix the two forms so long as all the by-position parameters come first:

python don't have overloaded functions...

It doesn't change how you'd handle overloaded functions; you still have a type for every parameter available.

I think will be a mess that will break the "minor surprise" principle,
even the bad C++ stays away from this field ( se explicit constructors,
and automatic cast limited to only one level ).

I don't understand your argument. What is the surprising behaviour you are worried about?

-O