On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Also, we probably have more beta testers on Win32 than on all Unix platforms combined, though they might not be testing as thoroughly as Unix.

Maybe I am just being dense, but isn't this obvious? I mean this is the
first release of the Win32 code. Anybody who would be willing to put it
in production without extensive testing deserves everything they get.

Then again we are talking about people who willinging use Windows as the
primary platform. Forget I brought it up.

I think there is concern that if the Win32 port is buggy that it will give the project a bad reputation. It will probably be distributed to many who have never used PostgreSQL before.

Since I imagine 99.9% of Windows users are going to use pginstaller to install it ... has anyone looked into putting a WARNING pop up window as part of the install itself? Or does such already exist?

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664