I've accepted an offer from Fujitsu Australia Software Technologies to work on PostgreSQL full-time for them for the next twelve months in Sydney, Australia. I'll be working with Gavin Sherry and two other full-time developers from FAST. I'm grateful to Fujitsu for giving me the opportunity to do this, and I look forward to doing what I can to improve PostgreSQL over the next year.

Cool! I hope you have fun while you're over here!

Out of interest, do you have free reign to code whatever you want, or do you have a specific set of things to do for Fujitsu? Also, will you be working on the open source server, or Fujitsu proprietary extensions?

Cheers,

Chris