Neil Conway wrote:
I've accepted an offer from Fujitsu Australia Software Technologies to work on PostgreSQL full-time for them for the next twelve months in Sydney, Australia. I'll be working with Gavin Sherry and two other full-time developers from FAST. I'm grateful to Fujitsu for giving me the opportunity to do this, and I look forward to doing what I can to improve PostgreSQL over the next year.

Congratulations. It's nice to hear that Fujitsu keeps supporting Postgres. Hopefully other companies can follow suit :-)

It seems commercial companies are more keen to support BSD-ish free software (Apache, Postgres, Perl, Ruby, etc.)? With the exception of Linux of course.

--
dave

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend