Tom Lane schrieb:
Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I am confused.  CVS has in port.h:
so you should already be calling the junction code on Cygwin.

true. didn't thought of that. very strange.

> Yeah, I'm sure he is, but it looks from the regression results like it
doesn't quite work on Cygwin. Is that fixable?

I'll step that in the debugger.

If so, we'd have a choice of whether to rely on junctions or on
Cygwin's own emulation of symlinks. I'd be inclined to think the
former is a better idea,
if only because it'd give you some chance of migrating a data
> directory between Cygwin and native ports.

Cygwin can do symlinks for directories via the magic .lnk file.
But Cygwin can also do junctions via hardlinks in ln.exe.
I thought link() calls the junction code.
I'll investigate why the libc link() failed, and if ln.exe does some sifferent magic, similar to pgsymlink.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

     joining column's datatypes do not match