Bruce Momjian schrieb:
Reini Urban schrieb:
Cygwin can do symlinks for directories via the magic .lnk file.
But Cygwin can also do junctions via hardlinks in ln.exe.
I thought link() calls the junction code.
I'll investigate why the libc link() failed, and if ln.exe does some sifferent magic, similar to pgsymlink.

I thought a little bit over this.

hardlinks and junctions don't work across physical disks, only symlinks.

Where did you read this? I just looked and can see no such restriction.

Sorry, obviously I just got old information. So we have to update our old cygwin code for NTFS5.

You can use Volume Mount Points with DeviceIoControl now too, since Win2000 NTFS 5. Sorry. I only knew about Directory Junction Points.

http://www.codeproject.com/w2k/junctionpoints.asp
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/