Tom Lane wrote:

Darcy Buskermolen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

As per http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=herring&dt=2004-12-16%2018:46:18
This combination of OS/compiler does not result in a working copy.

The failure is ascii_and_mic.so: Undefined symbol "pg_mic2ascii"

I think you are in need of the local equivalent to GNU ld's -E or --export-dynamic switch, ie, make sure that all global symbols within
the backend will be available to dynamically loaded libraries.

BTW, how did you get configure to choose icc? If you used a CC
environment variable, it seems like the buildfarm output is missing
important information by not reporting it.

That log shows:

 ccache icc -g -fpic -DPIC -I../../../src/interfaces/libpq
-I../../../src/include   -c -o regress.o regress.c
 xild -x -shared -o regress.so regress.o

The status page also says this regarding the member:

 FreeBSD  6-CURRENT  Intel(tm) CC  7.1   Build 20040901Z  ia32

I can highlight this and more info if required - just tell me what you want to
know. I already have on my list your request for version numbers for changed
files.

It's a bit of a balancing act between providing too much info and not enough.

To answer your question about how to choose it, you do it through the buildfarm
member's config file - example (showing use of ccache) can be seen here:
http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgbuildfarm/client-code/build-farm.conf?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

cheers

andrew

http://archives.postgresql.org