On Mon, 2 May 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Well, I think there's numerous examples where someone suggests some feature or idea, and Tom or one or two other core developers will say: "I don't like that idea", and then the proposer will more or less give up on it because it is clear that it won't go anywhere.

Well I think that is more perception than anything. Sometimes you have to fight for what you believe in. For example plPHP. I believe plPHP belongs in core as do some other people. There are members of core that are for it and against it.

Command Prompt as the submitter needs to make a valid argument to sway
core. We need to present code they would be happy with. We need to
present reasons why.

I think the plan for plphp is to put the source in our CVS, but to require it to be compiled as a separate 'make' step after php is fully installed and using the new libpq. I think we had agreement on that solution.

Last I read, both Tom and I were against it being in CVS (albeit for different reasons) ... and there hadn't been any discussions past the end of that thread that I've seen ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664