2.  Almost all of the information that cannot fit will be useful to
other database systems as well, and should be suggested to the ANSI/ISO
committee.  Since INFORMATION_SCHEMA is a very new idea (only two
adopters that I know of so far) I expect it will need to grow and
PostgreSQL could be one of the contributors.

[ raised eyebrow... ]  INFORMATION_SCHEMA is in the SQL92 spec.
If only two systems have adopted it in the last 13 years, it's
a failure and the SQL committee is unlikely to want to spend any
time on it.  In any case, they just issued a spec and so there is
very unlikely to be another update for another five or so years.

INFORMATION_SCHEMA is also in MySQL 5, so that makes 3 :D

Chris

     joining column's datatypes do not match