[redirected to -hackers]

Tom Lane wrote:

Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Is it worth rearranging things for plpython so that it follows the same test layout as the other 2 (i.e. a test subdir with all the test files and a script called runtest that does the work)? Especially if we bring in other PLs as has been discussed, some standard might be useful.

Actually, we have a standard: it's pg_regress. The right thing for someone to do is migrate all these tests into the form already used for the main backend and all of contrib.

I think this would require a small addition to the pg_regress script
to make it configurable as to which PL to install, instead of always
installing plpgsql, but that seems like a reasonable thing to do.

I'm not sure why it would matter having it there. I would just make the first test to load the language in question - pretty much this, right?

CREATE FUNCTION "plperl_call_handler" () RETURNS language_handler AS '$libdir/plperl' LANGUAGE C;
CREATE TRUSTED LANGUAGE "plperl" HANDLER "plperl_call_handler";
CREATE LANGUAGE "plperlu" HANDLER "plperl_call_handler";

cheers

andrew

     joining column's datatypes do not match