Josh Berkus wrote:
Folks,

Hey, I can see a way for /contrib to become a lot better option for stuff-we're-not-sure-whether-to-include.

What if we could build contrib modules through a build-time switch for PostgreSQL? Like,

./configure --with-perl --with-dblink --with-newsysviews

This would seem a *lot* more user friendly to me, and easier on the package builders. What's the technical obstacle to it?

Also, I think that /contrib modules should have documentation included in the main docs, probably as an appendix.

I could see --with-contrib but other than that... there are ALOT of packages in contrib.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

Managed Services, Shared and Dedication Hosting

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster