We are currently seeing a whole lot of complaints due to the fact that
8.0 tends to default to Unicode encoding in environments where previous
versions defaulted to SQL-ASCII.  That says to me that a whole lot of
people were getting along just fine in SQL-ASCII, and therefore that
moving further away from that behavior is the wrong thing.  In
particular, there is not any single one of those complainants who would
be happier with a 7-bit-only default; if they were using 7-bit-only
data, they'd not have noticed a problem anyway.

I'm thinking of implementing a 7-bit-only encoding - any chance of getting a quick checklist of what has to be done?

Thanks,

Chris

     joining column's datatypes do not match