> I have not researched any deeper,but  currently it fails with
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] postgresql-8.0.3]$
> CC=/opt/ibmcmp/vac/7.0/bin/xlc ./configure
> ..A..
> checking for int timezone... yes
> checking types of arguments for accept()... configure: error:
> could not determine argument types

The odds are very high, that it rather depends on the system header file
version,
or the order of inclusion (e.g. stdio.h before config.h).
Would need to see the snippet of configure output though.
IIRC there was a fix for this or a similar case, has this been reverted ?

Andreas

      joining column's datatypes do not match