"Jonah H. Harris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I'm sure this has been thought of but was wondering whether anyone had
> discussed the allowance of run-time block size specifications at the
> tablespace level?

Can you produce any evidence whatsoever that this could be worth the cost?
Aside from the nontrivial development effort needed, there would be
runtime inefficiencies created --- for instance, inefficient use of
buffer pool storage because it'd no longer be true that any buffer could
hold any block.  Without some pretty compelling evidence, I wouldn't
even waste any time thinking about it ...