Yes,

That is what I/my clients have been discussing. It is a nifty performance feature.

Bricklen Anderson wrote:

Jonah H. Harris wrote:

Hey everyone,

I'm sure this has been thought of but was wondering whether anyone had discussed the allowance of run-time block size specifications at the tablespace level? I know that a change such as this would substantially impact buffer operations, transactions, access methods, the storage manager, and a lot of other stuff, however it would give an administrator the ability to inhance performance for specific applications.

Arguably, one can set the block size at compile-time, but for a system running multiple databases it *may* be a nice feature. Would it be used a lot? Probably not. Would I use it? Certainly! Would some of my clients use it? Yes.

Perhaps a TODO item for some advantageous company to fund?

-Jonah

Have you used Oracle's version as well?