Jim C. Nasby wrote:

Turns out there was a cvs conflict. Doh!

Ouch. I have repeatedly warned buildfarm owners not to make any changes or run builds in buildfarm's local CVS repo. Use a copy if necessary.

Hmm... would probably be a good idea to have the script check for
conflicts and throw a CVS error if it finds any. Here's what CVS does on
a conflict:

RCS file: /projects/cvsroot/pgsql/src/Makefile.shlib,v
retrieving revision 1.93
retrieving revision 1.94
Merging differences between 1.93 and 1.94 into Makefile.shlib
rcsmerge: warning: conflicts during merge
cvs update: conflicts found in Makefile.shlib
C Makefile.shlib

It also creates a .# file. I'm not really sure what the best way to test
for this would be.

I can look for it. It's a pity that cvs doesn't exit with a non-zero status when it does this. I am assuming we don't ever have such files in CVS.

BTW, it would probably be handy to have logs available for all steps of
the build, even if they succeed.

They are available locally in the directory lastrun-logs. I made a deliberate decision not to clog up the server with them. At roughly 1Mb per build it seemed quite unnecessary - I wanted to keep traffic down and server storage requirements modest.

In any case, I've cleared the conflict and I'm running a build right
now.

OK, cool.

cheers

andrew