On 8/25/05 4:13 PM, "Alvaro Herrera" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We have gone a long way now, even though it was only a year ago.  My
> question for everyone on this list is:  What are the "few remaining big
> features" that you see missing for PostgreSQL?
>
> Or, slightly different, what are people's most wanted features?

Table partitioning would be huge, but it looks like that is on its way.

Index-organized tables are the most significant thing at the top of my wish
list, as that would generate a huge performance increase for much of what I
spend my time on with PostgreSQL.  There is currently no good way to
approximate it.

J. Andrew Rogers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq