Tom Lane wrote:
Given the just-committed changes to avoid having array_push/array_cat
generate non-spec lower bounds unnecessarily, do you still think it's
important to have a variant of array comparison that ignores lower
bounds?

ISTM that ignoring lower bounds is definitely something that violates
the principle of least surprise.  There was an ease-of-use argument
for it before, but now that we changed the other thing I think we don't
need such a kluge.

I agree. At this point, having an array with other than 1 as a lower bound takes a very conscious decision. I'd think that if you cared that much about the lower bound, you'd not want to ignore it when it comes to comparison.

Joe

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster