Tom Lane wrote:

Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
However, to the best of my knowledge, Windows does NOT consult the environment
when set_locale is called. ISTM we probably need to call set_locale ourselves
on Windows with the desired values.

We already do, during process startup.  The question becomes where the
heck is Perl looking for the locale information, when on Windows?

The Windows docs at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_setlocale.2c_._wsetlocale.asp say:

|setlocale( LC_ALL, "" );|
   Sets the locale to the default, which is the user-default ANSI code
   page obtained from the operating system.

Does libperl call this only at interpreter startup? If so, maybe we should probably save out the settings and then restore them after the interpreter has started.

cheers

andrew

              http://archives.postgresql.org