Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> samples  %        symbol name
> 24915704 96.2170  ltsReleaseBlock
> 387265    1.4955  LogicalTapeRead
> 168725    0.6516  inlineApplySortFunction

Hmm ... the comment in ltsReleaseBlock sez

    /*
     * Insert blocknum into array, preserving decreasing order (so that
     * ltsGetFreeBlock returns the lowest available block number). This could
     * get fairly slow if there were many free blocks, but we don't expect
     * there to be very many at one time.
     */

We probably need to tweak things so this doesn't get called during the
"final merge" pass.  Looking at it now.