Hi Tom,

Tom Lane wrote:
Enver ALTIN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
In order to achieve this *properly*, I intend to make PostgreSQL relocatable, that is, PostgreSQL should be able to run if you `copy` it's binaries somewhere else -- no matter where you `./configure --prefix`ed it. I took a very quick look at some parts of the codebase and it seems doable to me.

s/doable/already done/, no?

I did a Google search on "relocatable PostgreSQL" and the first result[1] said it's already done. Apparently it didn't work for me on Solaris 8 (linking problems). I'll be looking at it sometime today.

Thanks for your immediate response :)

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html
--
Enver