> May I propose the entire part of that function after the comment /* the
> list is empty. */ be replaced with something like the following (or
> whatever idiom people prefer for singly-linked lists):

This certainly looks like it was written by someone who'd just learned
about lists yesterday :-(.  I wonder how many other problems there are
in that resetxlog patch?  I didn't bother to look at it at all myself.
Anyone have time to review it?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-04/msg00299.php

       match