Jim Nasby wrote:

yes, it's a file/directory it doesn't know about.

At one stage I suppressed these checks, but I found that too many times we saw errors due to unclean repos. So now buildfarm insists on having a clean repo.

I suppose I could provide a switch to turn it off ... in one recent case the repo was genuinely not clean, though, so I am not terribly keen on that approach - but I am open to persuasion.

Another option would be to re-run cvs up one more time if we get any unexpected files. It sounds like that would fix this issue on windows machines, while still ensuring we had a clean repo to work from.

please see the new release of the buildfarm client, in which I have followed Tom's suggestion of removing the -P flag from the checkout and update commands - that should solve the Windows problem, as it will no longer try to remove the directory. I hope that solves the problem - if not I'll have a look at other solutions.

cheers

andrew

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster