On 7/10/06, Florian G. Pflug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This methods seems to work, but it is neither particularly fool-proof nor
administrator friendly. It's not possible e.g. to reboot the slave without
postgres
abortint the recovery, and therefor processing all wals generated since the last
backup all over again.

Monitoring this system is hard too, since there is no easy way to detect errors
while restoring a particular wal.

what I would really like to see is to have the postmaster start up in
a special read only mode where it could auto-restore wal files placed
there by an external process but not generate any of its own.  This
would be a step towards a pitr based simple replication method.

merlin

              http://archives.postgresql.org