Marc G. Fournier wrote:

Second, its assuming that Thomas, or any other pl/java developer, *isn't* going to watching for any changes to the API fairly closely, considering they know it does happen, and, therefore, won't make a change to their development code to accommodate that when the time comes ...

As we have explained before, there really isn't an API in any meaningful sense. Thomas will undoubtedly be vigilant, but the real danger is that something non-obvious will change and break stuff.

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq