Peter Eisentraut wrote:

Robert Lor wrote:
Now I'm getting a different type of error. After running the patch
command, the configure file is partially patched but not the others.
Attached is configure.rej. I just checked out the source from CVS.

Sorry, there must be something wrong with your source code or patch tools, or the patch is mangled by email. I'm not sure.

I was able to apply the patch after splitting it into individual files, ran dos2unix on each, and removed the diff line. I believe the problem is with the patch tool.

Anyways, I tested the patch with --enable-dtrace and/or DTRACEFLAGS, and it works like a charm! If DTRACEFLAGS is not use, dtrace will default to 32 bit which is what we want. When building a 64 bit binary with --enable-dtrace, DTRACEFLAGS needs to be set to '-64'. I will submit a doc patch to explain all of the above.

There is one minor issue - "gmake clean" doesn't remove probe.o.

Regarding where to put probe.d, will src/probe.d work since probes for all subsystems will go into this one file.

Thanks a bunch Peter!

Regards,
-Robert

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq