Albe Laurenz wrote:
Simon Riggs wrote:

Patch included to implement xlog switching, using an xlog record
"processing instruction" and forcibly moving xlog pointers.

1. Happens automatically on pg_stop_backup()

Oh - so it will not be possible to do an online backup
_without_ forcing a WAL switch any more?

Well, previously, you would have always had to simulate a wal switch, by working out which is the current wal file and copying that. Otherwise your online backup wouldn't be complete.

What Simon is describing sounds like a big step forward from that situation. It should let me delete half the code in my pitr backup/failover scripts. Definitely a Good Thing.

Laurenz Albe

Tim

begin:vcard
fn:Tim Allen