Bruce Momjian wrote:
Gavin Sherry wrote:
On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:

My outlook is that it isn't a lot of _new_ things that you couldn't do
before, but rather improvements of existing functionality.
It seems as though the majority of things on Tom's list are new things you
couldn't do (at all easily) before.

To me new things are like PITR, Win32, savepoints, two-phase commit,
partitioned tables, tablespaces.  These are from 8.0 and 8.1.  What is
there in 8.2 like that?

Well to be honest, the things that are coming in 8.2 more people will use then any of the things you just mentioned.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/