Jeff Davis wrote:
At the link:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/source.html

It gives some style configuration code to put in the .emacs file.
However, when I do that, emacs doesn't appear to follow the style of the
postgresql source. For instance, inside a function definition emacs
always indents by 8 columns.

What emacs scripts do the hackers use? Is that documentation out of
date?

I use more or less what is in the developers' FAQ (not surprising, since I contributed it). It works just fine for me. See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_DEV.html#item1.9

We should probably bring the docs in line with that, unless someone with more emacs-fu than me has something to add.

cheers

andrew

      match