Tom Lane wrote:
Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Have you tried to use debbugs?  I agree with Greg Stark that it's a
better fit for our current procedure, while enabling better
traceability.

The principal strike against debbugs seems to be that the source code is
not readily available and/or isn't updated regularly.  If we could get
current sources we'd probably end up maintaining our own fork ... OTOH,
given all the enthusiasm being expressed in this thread, somebody would
volunteer to do that no?

Other than that not-small problem, I agree that debbugs seems like an
excellent fit to our existing habits.

Well, the enthusiasm was for use, not for maintaining a fork :-)

I had a brief look at the code (literally less than 5 minutes). The good news is that it is admirably small. A fork isn't a bad idea, though, especially as a pgfoundry project. I can think of several excellent candidates for such a project (no names, no pack drill) ;-)

I should mention that it's a perl app.

cheers

andrew

      match