On 31/8/06 23:34, "Joshua D. Drake" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sure it is a registry entry... so we could (in theory) shrink that quite
> a bit.. However I am confused, if we don't use it, what that is
> connecting to libpq would trigger it?
>
> I know they are using pgAAdmin...

Are they using pgAgent? That's the only part of pgAdmin that doesn't any
sort of timing I can think of offhand (other than the query tool timer which
only runs whilst a query is running). Even then it's done indirectly through
wxWidgets so I'm not familiar with how it's implemented at the win32 API
level.

If it were pgAdmin (or any other client) though, how would that lock up the
entire PostgreSQL instance, but not the rest of the server?

Regards, Dave.

       match