Jim C. Nasby wrote:
On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:04:10AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Teodor Sigaev wrote:
It's possible to create function 'exists' and mention only it in docs.
Good point. Will you do that, or do you want me to?
ISTM it would be better to mention the deprecated version and
explicitly state that it's deprecated.

If we had had this in contrib previously with the deprecated call I would agree. But it seems like bad practice and unnecessary clutter to start off by deprecating something.

cheers

andrew

      match