On Jan 11, 2007, at 10:35 , Richard Troy wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:04:41AM +0900, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
Wouldn't there be some value to knowing whether the patch failed
due to
bitrot vs it just didn't work on some platforms out of the gate?

I'm having a hard time figuring out what that value would be. How
would that knowledge affect what's needed to fix the patch?

I was thinking that knowing it did work at one time would be useful, but
maybe that's not the case...

"Has it ever worked" is the singularly most fundamental technical support
question; yes, it has value.

You'd be able to see whether or not it ever worked by when the patch first hit the patch farm.

One question here - rhetorical, perhaps - is; What changed and when?

This is recorded in the current build farm.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster