Jeremy Drake wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
I still haven't heard any argument for why this would be necessary or
desirable at all, other than that it looks better for marketing
reasons, which I will counter by saying that it looks worse for
marketing reasons because our hailed plugin mechanism is apparently so
poor that it can't support some practical extension module such as
this.

I for one am greatly looking forward to tsearch2 being in core.

For goodness' sake! This is work that's been sponsored! Are we going to turn around now and reject it? We'd be a laughing stock.

cheers

andrew

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend