Nikolay Samokhvalov wrote:
On 2/5/07, Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[...]
I would suggest we start with what is (I think) simplest and clearest:

. catalog support via a simple extension->schema(s) map
. initdb installs standard extensions if it finds them, unless told not to
. support for adjusting search path.

Why adjusting search_path is needed at all?

If the extension installs everything in dedicated namespace(s), I think we would want to have an option to add those namespaces easily to search paths. Right now all we can do is to set a search path. It would be nice, for example, to have support for appending or prepending something to the search path.

I suspect most apps/extensions don't currently use namespaces much, or we might well have seen more demand in this area.

cheers

andrew