Don't you want to maintain some interoperability between 8.2 client/ server and 8.3 server/client at least? If you put my patches in 8.3, and they work as well as I hope, then "in time" could be as soon as 8.4, I suppose.

To answer the question more directly: I do not know of any platform that supports the "native" Kerb5 API that doesn't also support GSSAPI for the simple reason that a Kerberos-only version of GSSAPI has been bundled with both the MIT and Heimdal distributions for as long as I can remember.