On 5/14/2007 4:26 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Jan Wieck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Which means that the 8.3 fix for the reproducible backend crash, I posted earlier, is to have SPI_cursor_open() save and restore ActiveSnapshot while calling RevalidateCachedPlan(). I'll cross check that this fixes this symptom and commit later today.

No, the correct fix is to do that inside RevalidateCachedPlan ... and I
already did it.

Works for me. It fixed the Slony test that actually tripped over the bug. Thanks.

Jan

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate