On Thu, 17 May 2007, Robert Treat wrote:

And really should probably be written up into FAQ section or a full on guide
for "how do i get started hacking on postgresql?"

To be clear here: while there are guides for new hackers out there, they focus on the big picture. I walked from those with a good idea of how the major pieces fit together and was able to navigate the source code. It was the little details of how to actually work with the code and the repository that were the biggest drag on my progress.

I used to wonder if it was just me, but watching the discussion that went along with the "OS/X startup scripts" thread recently made me realize how many other people struggle(d) with this as well.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD