Magnus Hagander wrote:
However, the problem is that in backporting it we'd make a slight behaviour change - the log file just gets LF instead of CRLF line endings. I'm inclined to say that's a better result than living with the bug, though.

Can't we add back the CRLF combo when writing the file out from the
syslogger process?

Yes, you're right. I can do this by setting text mode on the syslogFile. I'll have a patch for review shortly.

Note: this is behaviour we definitely won't want for CSVlogs, because it will translate embedded LF as well as LF at the end of a log line. This whole little mess chewed up all the time I wanted to spend yesterday making progress on CSVlogs :-(

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq